Enjoy!

Monday, May 13, 2024

May I Ask You a Question?

May I ask you a question?

What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?

Think about it,

And feel free to place it in the comment section below.

But read on if you would like to hear of mine:

There was a time in my life when I was content, viewing myself as a good person, and believing that I was a Christian. One day that world completely changed.

It was the summer of 1969,

I was laying in my bed thinking about a story I had read earlier that day. A story of two young men travelling in a car, suddenly being involved in a fatal accident. The driver of the automobile was a Christian, who had on many occasions shared with his friend concerning Heaven and Hell, and how God had sent His Son to die for our sins, so that we might not perish but have everlasting life.

In the aftermath of that moment, the survivor of the crash realized that had he died he would have gone to hell, even though his friend was in heaven. A verse from the Bible stuck in his mind: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16). Laying there, in my bed that night, I also pondered that verse and acknowledged before God my trust in what Jesus had done for me, accepting Him as my Lord and Saviour.

I woke up the next morning a changed person, with a burning desire to know God and His Word better.  From that day forth I have had peace, knowing that I am going to Heaven. My life has had purpose, with God providing direction.

If you would be interested in knowing how God could do something like that in your life, I would welcome your feedback comment below or send me a direct message.

No comments: