Enjoy!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mountain Tops & Valleys


Fall is my favourite time of year.  I like the cool crisp air in the morning and display of colour preceding the various types of trees dropping their leaves in preparation for winter.  During the month of September, I felt blessed to enjoy perfect weather (warmth & sunshine) each and every Tuesday,  This afforded me the opportunity to enjoy my day off travelling about and savouring the perfect day to be home from work.

One particular day, I arranged for three friends to join me in a scoot up Mount Baker.  On the way home, while crossing the border the officer asked me if I was able to keep up with my other two friends.  My response to him was: "Keep up?  What do you mean, 'keep up!'  I was their leader."  It was a wonderful day and a wonderful ride.  My scoot made it to the top, albeit at WOT (and sometimes that meant only 60 km/h) and you couldn't ask for a better day.


Truly, it was a mountaintop experience.  But not all of life is lived on the mountain, and many times the mountain, itself, presents it's own combination of challenges.  It can be stormy on the mountaintop.  The view can be obscured by fog and rain.  The mountain can be a miserable place to be.

The valley is equally full of it's unique set of problems.  Coming down from atop Mount Baker that day meant returning to work the next day.  The hours were spent and it was itme to get back into the routine.



I'm enjoying my life. both the mountains & the valleys.

There's something about right now that seems to be going especially great.

Could it be that I have nothing to prove other than letting my life prove what is that good, perfect and acceptable will of God.

Maybe that's it!

PTL

No comments: